PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS THE ARCHIVE BLOG. YOU CAN READ HERE SOME OF THE OLD POSTS.

THE NEW BLOG IS NOW LOCATED ON JOHANNA KERN'S OFFICIAL WEBSITE.

VISIT THE NEW BLOG HERE: http://johannakern.com/blog/




"Skyway" (C) Sound of Light Design - click on the image to see more pictures of the amazing artist

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

PASSING -- the 4th Power & THE ILLUSION of DEATH


Yes, just like most of us, I have lost dear people, and animals, in my life. They passed away either unexpectedly, or because they were old, or because they were ill. No matter what was the cause for their physical departure, it always came as shock, and pain.

Physical death, as observed in the world around us, is one of the aspects of the 4th Power, Passing, and often is greatly misunderstood.

For some, Passing means the end of existence. For others Passing means a threshold, a door to the afterlife where they will continue to exist as Souls. Depending on our personal beliefs, and either cultural or religious conditioning, we tend to understand Passing as the inevitable, harsh ending to either our physical life, or our consciousness per se. And so, no matter what our background – we tend to fear Passing.

Why do we fear Passing?

Simply because, as the consciousness that we are, we do want to persist. However, we also tend to understand our existence as linked either to our physical body, or the Soul that we believe may “dwell” in the spiritual world forever. Either way, the essence of our existence is greatly misunderstood.

Although there are no guarantees for the eternity of our being (or Soul, if you may), as there are no guarantees that we will wake up the next day – as the consciousness that we are, we do have a choice to either persist or perish.

Remember that consciousness is what it is: a vibration, a current, a signal that lasts as long as it is developing/progressing and remaining aware of itself. (See more about that in “What are the 7 Powers – brief overview”.) 

And, there is a way to sustain the existence of the consciousness that we are – through Progress, the 2nd Power, which allows for constant development of our awareness. (See “You & Progress – the 2nd Power” post for more info on that topic.)

Now, we need to have a look at “where”, “when”, and “how” we persist as consciousness.

Most of us agree that we live in a material world. We are sure of the existence of the material world, because we can experience it through our senses. Many of us also agree that there is a spiritual world. We believe in the spiritual world, because we can “experience” it through our intuition, belief system, logic, or the so called “sixth sense”.

In other words: we agree to what we experience and/or perceive. Doesn’t matter whether it is physical or not, as long as we experience/perceive something, we agree to its existence in some way.

It used to be (the old school) that science would confirm the existence of the material, and question the existence of the spiritual, labeling it as “illusion”. Nowadays, science (especially quantum physics) already considers the material as nothing but an illusion, stating that it is our senses and brains that interpret the illusion and make us “believe” its actual existence.

(You might want to have a look at the works of the theoretical physicist Dr. Fred Alan Wolf, who was featured in the movie “What the Bleep Do We Know?” He brought cutting edge quantum theory down to earth and, further, by heralding proof of ancient spiritual principles for a mainstream audience, became the first physicist ever to break into pop culture celebrity.) 

And therefore, since the material world is being considered by quantum theory (and some spiritual beliefs) as illusion, many people conclude that the spiritual world is the actual and real world. And that the Souls therefore can come and “live” in the illusion of matter -- for the purpose of experience -- and then they return “home”, to the spiritual world, where they “truly exist”.

However, such beliefs may also be limiting and misleading. Again, remember that “consciousness is what it is: a vibration, a current, a signal that lasts as long as it is developing/progressing and remaining aware of itself”.

No matter whether we experience ourselves in the material or spiritual world – all of it is merely and Illusion.

Matter and Spirit are only an Illusion. And those who die their physical deaths are still dwelling in the Illusion of Matter and Spirit. Their beings (or Souls, if you may) are not yet liberated, even though their bodies are dead.

The true liberation from the Illusion happens through Passing, the 4th Power. And Passing, as all the Powers, can be observed externally in the world (as for instance the physical death – which is one of the aspects of Passing). However, Passing is also an internal process we may experience. And it can be completely separate from the physical death.

According to The Master Teachings, when someone truly passes away from Matter and Spirit, he or she is then able to truly exist in oneness with the Highest Vibration:

“Passing away from Matter and Spirit is the same as truly waking up from the Illusion. It marks the beginning of our true existence, and it is only a transition, a step in the whole process of creation. What is non-existing in the Illusion, is existing in oneness with the Highest Vibration. Only such existence is real. Beyond Matter and Spirit.”

Here is a little story, an excerpt from “Master and The Green-Eyed Hope” to illustrate to you how one continues to dwell in the Illusion, even after their physical death:
“That night, I had a strange dream. I dreamed that I was sitting in my plush armchair, in the living room, and it was late afternoon. There was soft music in the background, and the tunes made me a bit sleepy.
Suddenly, a tall slender woman entered the room. She might have been a few years older than me, and her outfit was rather surprising. She was wearing a full length medieval gown, white, with long sleeves. Her long blond hair almost reached the floor and it was decorated with fresh daisies.
She walked straight up to me, and I felt tremendous cold. As if the temperature in the room had dropped. I had noticed that the woman’s face was tense, and there was something in her blue eyes that made me alert. The woman reached to me, trying to touch me. With an unexplainable impulse, I quickly got up, avoiding her stretched arm. I moved behind the armchair. Now, having the furniture between her and myself, I felt a bit more comfortable.
“Who are you?” I asked.
She laughed. Her laughter was harsh and throaty. I couldn’t help thinking that it sounded staged, almost theatrical.
“Are you afraid of me?” she asked in a throaty fake voice.
“Not a all. Not even a bit,” I said. “Are you going to tell me who you are?”
Her eyes narrowed, and she again reached to me.
I moved back a bit, avoiding her touch. “You’ve got to stop that, lady, right now. I will not let you touch me. Stop trying.”
She let out a long hiss through her teeth.
“And don’t try to scare me. Either you tell, right now, who you are and what you want from me, or I’ll make you leave.”
Now she looked at me in a weird manner, sort of crossing her eyes, as if she were trying to pierce me with them.
“Ridiculous,” I sighed with resignation. “That’s the door,” I pointed with my finger. “And I want you behind it.”
“Please don’t do that,” she said in a softer, almost normal voice. “I need your help.”
Her face was different now. The tense, theatrical expression was gone, and she looked rather sad. Almost as if she were in pain. Yes, she did look like someone who needed help.
“All right,” I said after a pause. “Back off two steps, and don’t move until I let you. You understand?”
“Yes.” She did as I told her.
I slowly moved and sat down in my armchair. I crossed my legs, putting the left one on top.
“You can speak now,” I said.
“I’m a Demon!” she spat almost instantly, and again there was the tense expression on her face. This time I believed her, and my heart jumped a bit. Yet instinctively I knew it was better not to show any fear. I only nodded, without blinking my eye.
“I’ve been here for many, many years,” she added.
“Where is ‘here’?” I asked in a peaceful voice.
She sighed. “I don’t know. I keep moving, travelling from place to place. Forests, villages, towns. People’s homes. Everything keeps changing, always.”
“You mean you’ve been hanging around since medieval times?”
“What are ‘medieval times’?” she asked.
“Right, you wouldn’t know. I got it,” I nodded. “I mean the times where people were dressing like you.”
She looked down at her long gown. “I don’t know, I don’t understand. I just don’t remember,” she sounded hopeless.
“Well, what do you remember?”
“Fear. There was always fear. And cold. There was always cold.”
“I see.”
“I’ve been condemned,” she said. “I’m a wandering Demon. I have been condemned for eternity.”
“Oh, no,” I replied. “No, no. Hold on a minute. Who condemned you?”
“They did.”
I nodded. All was now clear to me. That poor woman must have been condemned by the Church in medieval times. And her Soul had been wandering in the Illusion for centuries. Believing that she had been denied the rewards of Heaven, the poor woman had assumed the “role” of a Demon. That helped her somehow to deal with her tremendous fear of Hell. Because as a Demon, she felt strong, undefeated and safe.
Poor woman – I thought. She’s been suffering like that for hundreds of years!
“Listen,” I said, “whatever gave you the idea that I can help you? It’s not how it works.”
“You don’t want to help me?” I saw panic in her eyes.
“Oh, no. It’s not that I don’t want to. I simply don’t think it’s up to me.”
She shook her head. “I know you can help me. Please, I have nowhere to go.”
“Oh, boy,” I sighed. “Let me think.”
She was quiet, looking at me like a helpless puppy, as I was processing the whole thing in my head.
What am I to do with her? - I thought. Nobody trained me how to deal with Demons, for God’s sake!
“You know,” I said after a pause, “there is one thing we can do. But you have to listen to me carefully and do as I say.”
“Yes, yes. I will.”
“All right. What I am going to tell you is the Truth. Do you trust me?”
“That’s why I came here. I want to hear the Truth.”
“Oh, boy,” I sighed again. “Listen, what I am going to share with you is my Truth. It is what I believe in. Do you understand?”
“I think I do. You are going to tell me what is true for you.”
“You’re an intelligent woman, I like that,” I said happily. “Let me tell you then, that the place where you have been wandering for so long, is an Illusion.”
“An Illusion?” she asked.
“Yes. It doesn’t exist.”
And then I shared with her what I learned about Passing from Rhami-yata. She listened very carefully as I was explaining to her, in the most simple way, what I knew about the difference between Illusion and Truth. Then I reminded her about God’s Love, and my Demon guest burst out in tears. I assured her that she had been the one who condemned herself. No matter what she had done, it was not up to the Church to cast her out from God’s Love. Nobody had such power.
When she asked me what to do, to free herself from the Illusion, I suggested that first she needed to forgive herself for whatever she still felt guilty about. And to recognize that her condemnation had “expired”, a long time ago.
“Then you let yourself melt into oneness with the Highest Vibration. And trust. That’s all.”
“Thank you,” she said. “I will do everything just the way you told me. Yet, there is one more thing I want from you.”
“Yes?”
“I want you to forgive me.”
“But I have nothing against you,” I said. “It is you who needs to forgive yourself.”
“I know. I understood everything you were saying. But I do need someone to forgive me, so that it would feel more real to me.”
I nodded. “Yes, I totally get you. That’s how we humans, are wired. We always want to be accepted by others, don’t we? Of course I forgive you, dear beautiful Soul. And I also forgive you on behalf on the entire humanity, if I may.” I smiled warmly.
More tears sprang from her eyes, and she threw herself down, trying to kiss my left foot. Instinctively, I quickly pulled back, and her lips landed only slightly on my big toe.
“You shouldn’t touch me!” I exclaimed. “You are still a Demon!”
“I’m sorry,” she said. “I only wanted to thank you.”
“Yes, I know. But there was no need. Why don’t you go now, and take care of yourself.”
The woman left. And I didn’t have any other dreams that night.”

More on topics related to Death & Passing in “Master and The Green-Eyed Hope”, Chapters:
“Closing the Eyes of Perception”, “Veils of Dying and Loving” & “Spinning the Wheel of Creation”.

No comments:

Post a Comment